Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Around the house and then some

I have a page to share. My cousin Dominique's boyfriend, Kenny, was so excited to have our family meet his new puppy Nika. She was so full of energy and just adorable. Our family fell in love fast. This lo showcases product from the online store Everything Scrapp'n.
Products used:
Pink Paislee
American Crafts
Making Memories
Stickles
MLS
Love Elsie
Heidi Swapp

The following photos are a very eclectic grouping that represents my life right now. My mom's obsession with owls has not faded in the least. I've been meaning to share our kitchen decor and here it is in morning light:
And our beautiful backyard about 1 1/2 weeks ago:
I had another photo gig with a real estate agent's new listing. Here is one of the photos that made it to the promotional brochures. I'm published! ;)
Last Saturday I met Abe in San Francisco and we had a photo shoot with lots of gear in Golden Gate Park. We spent most of our time between the buildings of the Academy of Sciences and The De Young Museum. It was a beautiful day. I taught him some basic photography and he took this great photo of me preparing to photograph him.
Then I shot this photo of him. This happens to be one of my favorite moments that I captured. I shot the majority with film for my photo class. I have finals next week, so I needed some material. He was a great model. I'm always looking for models since I love doing portraits.
This past week was a complete blur. I was really disappointed that Danny Gokey was voted off of American Idol, but I am thrilled that Kris Allen pulled through with his awesome rendition of Heartless. I love it, even more than Kanye West's version of the song.

The weather has been very hot and summery lately. It was really quite hot, especially on Saturday. I had the genius idea to visit Kristi in Fremont after I got off work. Fremont during a heat spell = OMG! I think it was topping out in triple digits in the afternoon.

I had the pleasure of taking out a Nikon D3 this weekend since I worked Saturday in the office. Oh its a beauty. A little too heavy for my taste, but oh how much fun it was. I also took out my fast favorite Nikon 14-24 AFS, along with the Nikon 24-70 AFS and Nikon 16mm fishy (both new to me).

Kristi and I were testing out the gear in her apartment and she took this silly photo of me. I love all of the art she has framed in her apartment.
I captured this moment of Dan with Kristi's cat Kodi. He's goatee is making a second appearance. I do love the quality of these images!
It was so hot that we found refuge in an air conditioned restaurant. I love salads when its hot outside. And frozen drinks really make it bearable too! When we returned, I got a picture of Kodi wearing his tie.
Thankfully, the weather is cooling off a bit!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

LOL Kodi HATES that tie!!!

Misty said...

I don't blame him!

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahhaa.
Cat with tie!
Awesome!!!!
-Jason

Suggested reading

Blog Widget by LinkWithin