Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Some pretty pictures

Warning: Its a long post!
Happy 18th Birthday to my cousin Christina! I know we'll have a blast celebrating your achievements on Saturday!

A lot has been going on around here lately. For those of you who don't already know, my last day of work in Campbell was on Friday. The gas prices and lengthy drive took too much of a toll on me. I miss my coworkers already but I know it was for the best. This week I'm playing catch up with friends, deadlines and sleep!

Friday night we celebrated Natalie & Nick's graduation from SFSU masters program. Sadly, I didn't take photos. Saturday night we celebrated Andy's graduation from SFSU Cinema program. Andy is one of those incredible people that makes you laugh non stop over anything! He also introduces each person as though they are a celebrity. I was thrilled to find out that he will be staying here for good! Photo taken by Dan. left to right: Marlon, Andy, me.


Andy's grad party was out near the ballpark in San Francisco, right on the bay. It was pretty cool that we were able to walk out onto the little pier. I couldn't resist taking some night photos. That is the Bay Bridge in the background.



Congrats to Amy and everyone else that graduated from SFSU this past week!

Lucky for me, Liz was in Berkeley celebrating a relatives graduation. I can't believe we've known each other so long but that this was our first time to get meet IRL! She & Dennis were so kind to meet & have lunch with me during my lunch break. What more could I ask for? More time to hang out next time of course! I really enjoyed them both and was so happy! Oh and just because I know you're curious Liz, Michelle & I are 5" apart in height. ;)


Monday I spendt some good ole quality time with the family. Went with the parents to San Francisco's Botanical gardens. I had no idea how close it is to Park Chow!

I have to admit I'm not a huge plant/flower photographer. I think they all look the same after about an hour or so. I took over 300 photos in the gardens. The first photo I want to share was something that caught my eye while I was talking to my mom.


We spent a good two hours at the gardens walking around. Saw a lot of beautiful plants, most of which my mom owns somewhere in our garden (either front or back yard). We don't have water lillies yet, but I think they are beautiful.


Can't remember what these are called but I do remember they are from South Africa. Loved the mix of colors and shapes. I spent a lot of time photographing trees and getting very inspired. I hope to have something in my etsy shop in just a few weeks time.


Tuesday I visited my Grandma in Walnut Creek. I had fun sharing photos, playing scrabble, and catching up with her. I am so very fortunate to see her so much. Dan & I saw Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I haven't seen any of the other ones but I was slightly disappointed by the ending.

Today was spent playing with Eva's kids Elizabeth & Josiah while Eva got her hair done. Josh will be graduating with a BS this coming weekend. Congrats Josh! Had a photo final with yummy dinner tonight. Have one more photo final tomorrow evening.

4 comments:

Micayla said...

Yay, so glad you and Liz got to meet. I would love to come over and say hi to you all....maybe one day!

Lizee said...

ooo I made a cameo on MJ's blog!

Your friends sounds like a riot! i wanna be introduced like a celebrity! LOL

gorgeous pic of the bay bridge

Misty said...

do you hold the record of most whores met irl yet? you have got to be getting close. you are so lucky to be able to hang out irl....now get your but to Alabama!! hehe

Holly said...

So glad you got to meet up with Liz! And, it looks like you had a great time at the botanical gardens. I love gardening, and really enjoy going to gardens like that. Although, I do agree...flower photos get a little boring after a while.

Suggested reading

Blog Widget by LinkWithin