Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Social Butterfly

Challenge 15 is up at Scrap Mojo. The challenge is to use fashion as inspiration. I used my pj's as inspiration. The second part to the challenge was to use some sort of tape on the lo.


I lifted the title idea from Sally Hana. I stepped outside of my comfort zone, but I'm pretty happy with the outcome. Thanks to Jenna for the super cool vintage button!


Dan & Zena's cousin Peter, was here in San Jose for the Adobe conference last Thursday. He is a super cool Adobe expert and we love seeing him when he comes to visit from Oregon! Left to right: Peter, Helen, Zena, & Dan. We had an entertaining dinner at Thai Time in San Carlos.


Friday was my day off! I drove to visit my Grandma in Walnut Creek. It was around 99* by 11:30am. It was so nice to visit with her. I also got a chance to stop by My Daughter's Wish and have a little in store shopping. I was really happy that Sheri (owner) was there.

I headed over to SFSU in the afternoon for Animation Finals. Each year the Animation Society edits select animations and puts on a show in the Coppola Theater. Two senior thesis projects really impressed me. I will definitely post links to them once my friends wake from their well deserved, overdue naps. :D Here is a photo of a professor, speaking with the family that set up a scholarship fund for the Animation Department.

Friday night I went to Redwood City to celebrate Syttende Mai, which is constitution day for Norway (May 17th). Zena was performing with her dance group and we thought it would be fun to see everyone. Here they are in their Bunads:

Saturday was really special because Kelly, Jessica, & Brice met Dan & I at Dolores Park in San Francisco. My friend Amy organizes these really fun get togethers once a month that she likes to call Social Squittens. She did research and found out that Wizard of Oz was going to be played during movie night. They project the movie onto this really big bounce house-esque screen.


It's not San Francisco without a drag queen Dorothy!


A bunch of Animation friends:


I got a picture with Amy (thanks Eric) before it got too dark. We were so lucky that Dolores park was last to get hit by the fog bank. It was so weird for us since we had a heat spell for 5 straight days!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the new layout for MOJO! SO COOL are the giant houndstooth checks!

That little festival looks like so much fun. It is an odd thing to have 99+ temps over there... Please don't send it my way.

Babydoll said...

Great layout!!! I love it!! I'm too tickled at the "Drag Queen Dorothy". LOL!!! Gonna add you to my favs. Hope you don't mind. :o)

Michelle said...

Oooh..the animation screening sounds fun!! =) yay!! And I love your Mojo page - super-cute!

Unknown said...

wow it sounds like you had a fun and busy weekend, i love all your pics! LOVE the scrap mojo lo too, i love the vintage, funky look you have going on!

Holly said...

That blow-up movie screen looks like a blast! AND, you got to watch The Wizard of Oz! That's fab! Wish we had something fun like that around here.

Suggested reading

Blog Widget by LinkWithin