Monday, February 4, 2008

Confectionery Savage

I finally broke into my November Red Velvet Art Kit this weekend. I added a few other Love Elsie things to the mix. This is one of my favorite layouts right now. I did it as a lift challenge from our myspace group and as a challenge for EBB. Check out the challenge here.

Since I haven't figured out how to journal on the page yet, I'll explain. This is my friend Lisa eating cake at our graduation party in May. Jenna dared Lisa to eat the whole frosting flower off the cake. She told her she'd be a savage if she did. Lisa did and it was caught on memory card. I adore the photos and the saturated colors.


Friday was my first time to bake cupcakes. How did I get to be 23 without ever having made cupcakes? Either my mom or Jenna always made them. But one of my things that I want to do before 24 is to learn to cook. Baking is close to that so I thought I'd start off easy. I had a lot of fun with it.


I brought the outcome to Kristi's Friday night shindig. Dan & Bob played XBox 360 while Kristi, Krista, and I scrapped. The cupcake that has pink and blue was supposed to be a yin yang sign but I messed up and it became spumoni or something...


Kristi and her purple light saber. May the force be with her on Tuesday! :)



Saturday was a low key day. Hung out with Kelly and organized my scrap stuff a bit. Sunday Dan took me to lunch at Jeffrey's Hamburgers in San Mateo. I heart diners! Can't go wrong with my favorite grilled cheese sandwich.
Jenna called me when I returned to work. Banana Hammock's life had run its course and it was a long one. Dwarf hamster's life expectancy is 2 years maximum and he was much older. He will be missed. I don't have many photos of him because he was always moving so quickly but I plan to make a page just for him.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun cupcakes! And i like your stuff! :)

Unknown said...

ga goong

Michelle said...

aaaw...sorry to hear about the hamster! And yay for baking! I can;t cook much..but I can bake =) I love the page, too! awesome, Michelle!

Micayla said...

looks like someone had some good fun!
Love the layout BTW!

Misty said...

so you know i'm a horrible blogger....reader and writer. Sorry to hear about Banana Hammock (is the right?). Glad i got to see him in his full of life, poopin on Jeana funness.

Suggested reading

Blog Widget by LinkWithin