Thursday, June 14, 2007

A Day at the Beach

I visited with my friend Eva and her lovely children, Elizabeth, and Josiah this afternoon. They are growing so quickly; I hate to go so long without seeing them. They went to get their photos taken today so they had on extra cute outfits and I couldn't resist snapping a few shots. Here is Elizabeth in a beautiful princess-esque dress.

And here is baby Josiah (2nd outfit for the day) trying to hear:


It was such a beautiful day we couldn't resist going to the beach. It was a priceless memory. We had such fun building a fort of shade for Josiah!


I also had the pleasure of reading a book by Tracy Chevalier titled Burns Brighter. She has also written Girl With the Pearl Earring and The Virgin Blue. I love her knack for really making the reader feel as though they are right there with the character in the time period of her books. It feels like a lot of movies have been focusing on the French Revolution recently and so it seemed like the perfect time to read a book set around that era. Well it's good night for now!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are some cute kids!!!

Jenni said...

Those are some pretty darn cute kids! You guys are so lucky that you can just decide to go to the beach. That's one of the things that I miss the most of living in Cali, and I didn't even do it that much when I had the opportunity. Oh well. It looks like you guys had fun!

Suggested reading

Blog Widget by LinkWithin